The regional district board awarded the Phase one portion of the Similkameen Valley Watershed study to Summit Environmental Consultants at the January 24 meeting of the board of directors.
The board followed an administrative recommendation in the matter, choosing Summit over two other proposals submitted by Sage Transitions and the Lower Similkameen Indian Band.
The three proposals were evaluated according to the following criteria:
– Qualifications and experience of the firm and its members
– Past performance and references
– Scope, methodology, schedule and clarity of response
– Price provided up to the end of tendering
– Various other categories make up the remaining point considerations
Phase one will incude research and compilation of all the available baseline information for the associated objectives into a useable format; identification of possible funding and partnerships; and development of a communications plan for the remaining phases of the watershed project.
The three proposals scored in the following order: