Regional district board appointed the following residents to the Kaleden Parks and Recreation Commission board of directors at the Thursday, May 16 RDOS board meeting:
– Brian Baldwin, Vice Chair, two year term
– Tracy Maloney, Secretary, two year term
– Doug King, member, two year term
– Kim Denis, member, two year term
– Bruce Ramage, member, one year term
The RDOS board also appointed two members to the Okanagan Falls Parks and Recreation Commission:
– Lynn Tsumuraya, member, two year term
– Kim Bakere, member, two year term
Board moving to “Consent Agenda”
The RDOS board will pilot the use of a “Consent Agenda” for planning issues for a six month period with the hope of streamlining the legislative structure.
Only planning reports considered to be controversial will be listed separately on board agenda. Reports of a generic nature that require no discussion are the only ones that would be included on a “Consent Agenda.”
A single motion would cover all issues listed in the consent agenda, and any member of the board can request an issue to be drawn off the consent agenda and discussed separately.