The Friends of the Keremeos Skating Rink continue to raise money to improve accessibility to skating in Keremeos.
This past season the society was able to provide substantial fee reductions for skating lessons, public skating and hockey for children and youth by:
– Paying for 413 free skating passes
– subsidizing registration for Mites hockey by $20 per child
– subsidizing drop in for Mites hockey by $2 per participant
– Subsidizing drop in for sticks and pucks by $3 per participant
– Paying the ice rental for skating lessons
– Subsidizing registration for skating lessons by $19 for younger groups and by $30 for older groups
Friends of the rink have also donated new shelving for storing rental skates. Last year, a grant from SportChek of equipment worth $8,500 was facilitated by Friends.
As a registered charity, Friends can provide official tax receipts for donations. Tickets for the annual raffle are now on sale at:
Similkameen Agencies, Vesper Transport, Canadian Choppers, Signz.ca, Irly Bird, Lucky Dollar and Amber Light Store.
Friends of the Keremeos Skating Rink are grateful for last week’s donation of refundable bottles from the RCMP, as well as for the financial support received from Irly Bird ($500), Kars Under the “K” ($95)and the Village of Keremeos ($250).