To the Editor:
Here is an open letter to Elef Christensen:
Thank you for all the concrete things you have accomplished for Area “G” in the past ten years.
Some of the things I can remember are:
– Obtaining federal grant money to make improvements to Olalla’s pump house.
– Providing grant money to check for water leaks in Olalla’s water systems and make repairs.
– Mosquito spraying in Olalla.
– Reducing Olalla’s water tolls by $10.
Fixing up the ball park and skating rink in Hedley.
– Helping, along with George Koene, to put water in “Wanderer’s Rest” in Hedley.
– Installing a playground and washrooms in Woodley Park in Hedley.
– Having Scott Road repaved in Hedley.
– Facilitating installation of a cell tower in Hedley.
I do not have a clue what Angelique Wood has accomplished as Area “G” Director that is of any significance, or that would justify all of her expenses, if anything.
We miss Elef.
Robert B. Bishop, Keremeos