The Okanagan Collaborative Conservation Program (OCCP) and the South Okanagan Similkameen Conservation Program (SOSCP) are pleased to announce the relaunch of their web portal www.okcp.ca for land use and water management information.
The Okanagan Conservation Planning website (OKCP) is the “go to point” for conservation information and resources in the Okanagan. The OKCP was launched at the annual general meeting of the OCCP in 2010. Over the past year large quantities of land use planning and water management data have been added to the site. This spring partners in the OCCP and the SOSCP have significantly revised the OKCP to incorporate the latest web-based applications and functions for easy access to and use of the growing quantities of online data, resources and tools that are being added to the site.
The OKCP is the result of on-going efforts by partners in the OCCP and SOSCP to amalgamate their resources in order to better facilitate their shared goals of effectively supporting sustainable land and resource use in the Okanagan. Specifically, the OKCP is intended to:
• Support access to regional land, water, wildlife and climate data,
• Encourage open sharing, distributing and use of data, information, reports and maps,
• Support decision makers with local-level information,
• Build long-term land use planning and water management capacity
• Engage the public in accessing and understanding regional conservation information.
Take a moment to explore the changes at www.okcp.ca.
– OCCP, SOSCP press release