Environment Canada is expecting a rainy day in the Okanagan. (Keili Bartlett/News staff)

Okanagan-Shuswap weather: cloudy, showers expected

Environment Canada is predicting a mix of sun and clouds tomorrow and a sunny weekend across the Okanagan

Grab those umbrellas as a precaution because Environment Canada reported that there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms today.

Today’s weather courtesy of Environment Canada:

Kelowna: A mix of sun and cloud, 40 per cent chance of showers late this morning and this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. High 20 C.

Tonight: Partly cloudy with a 40 per cent chance of showers this evening and a risk of a thunderstorm. Low 11 C.

Vernon: Mainly cloudy, 30 per cent chance of showers changing to 70 per cent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm. High 19 C.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, 70 per cent chance of showers changing to 30 per cent chance of showers late this evening. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening and overnight. Low 11 C.

Penticton: A mix of sun and cloud. High 22 C.

Tonight: Partly cloudy. Low 12 C.

Salmon Arm: Showers with risk of thunderstorms. High 18 C.

Tonight: A few showers ending late this evening then mainly cloudy with 40 per cent chance of showers. Risk of thunderstorms this evening and overnight. Low 11 C.

Some clouds are expected tomorrow but sun is in the forecast for the weekend across the Okanagan.

Video of the day: Kelowna’s Okanagan Regional Library may not look like the one you grew up with

Remember to tag us on social media with the hashtag #yourkelowna, #yourvernon, #yourpenticton, #yoursalmonarm.

Related: A rainy July is normal for the Okanagan

Related: VIDEO: Okanagan Valley weekday weather update

To report a typo, email:
newstips@vernonmorningstar.com
.



Follow me on Twitter @BrieChar
Email me brieanna.charlebois@vernonmorningstar.com
Like us on Facebook.

Just Posted

Help the RCMP cram the kennel today at Cherry Lane

RCMP officers and volunteers will be filling kennels with donated food and pet supplies.

South Okanagan volunteer dental clinic donates rotten teeth to good cause

H.E.C.K. recently gifted 47 rotten teeth to a search and rescue group in the area

Okanagan Similkameen could have a sister city in the south of France

Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen considering agreement with wine region in southern France

Upgrades approved for Oliver and Keremeos landfill sites

Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen approves $300,000 expense

Police plan forum in Hedley to address resident concerns

Princeton RCMP will hold a meeting in Hedley this month, to address… Continue reading

VIDEO: Boys help rescue Cariboo bear cub

The cub, weighing just 24lbs, has been taken to wildlife sanctuary in Northwest B.C. for the winter

Summerland college operated from 1906 to 1915

Ritchie Hall and Morton Hall were constructed for Okanagan Baptist College

Campbell River mom’s iPhone containing priceless photos stolen from Victoria hospital parkade

The phone contained photos, heartbeat recordings of her late son

Miller nets winner as Canucks edge Sabres 6-5 in OT

Roussel, Leivo tally two apiece for Vancouver

‘Norovirus-like’ outbreak interrupts Bantam hockey showcase in Greater Victoria

Several athletes were sent home, quarantined on the ferry

$578: that’s how much your first distracted driving ticket will cost with recent premium hikes

Over 50 per cent of Canadians admitted to using phone while driving last year, according to study

Healing with honesty: Justice served 40 years later

Revelstoke senior gets house arrest for sexually assaulting stepdaughter

WorkSafe BC to investigate explosion at Princeton facility

Explosion at Envirogreen waste reclamation plant occurred Nov. 27

Doors open to Vernon’s first refill store

Vernon’s Refill Store may be answer to plastics problem

Most Read