UPDATE: 5:54 p.m.
Here are the latest updates to the Okanagan wildfires for Thursday evening:
Wildfire near Peachland grows to 1000 hectares in size
As most of you know, I was gonna marry the man of my dreams in my dream vineyard @fitzwine this Saturday. Unfortunately I was woken up this morning with the news that our venue is on fire and the town of peachland in BC, Canada has been fully evacuated. I am currently on my bachelorette party, and the wedding is 2 days away. We currently have no place to get marry, and thats all I want to do, marry the love of my life. Please repost these photos and caption, so we can hopefully get some help and suggestions from anyone in the Okanagan region. We are so thankful to all our friends and family for your support and help, and the love @tylerbalaban and I have for one another. That is the most important thing #❤ #fires #weddingday #wedding #bc #canada #okanaganfire #bcfires #beautifulbritishcolumbia #lakeliving #wildfire #wildfires #lights #colors #okanagan #kelowna #peachland #lakecountry #winecountry #vineyards #wineries #wineallday #outdoors #naturelover #coolshot #insane #unreal #isthisreallife #pleasehelp
UPDATE: 10:45 a.m.
Here are the newest stories as of 10:45 a.m. Thursday morning.
UPDATE: 9:00 a.m.
Here are the latest stories as of 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning.
UPDATE: 11:45 p.m.
Here is the latest stories as of 11:45 p.m. Wednesday night.
ORIGINAL: 4:45 p.m
With more than 22 fires burning across the Kamloops Fire Centre and the possibility of more blazes sparking with lightning forecast for this evening, up-to-date information is critical.
Below is a list of links to stories regarding fires in the area that the Black Press Media team has been working on over the last 24 hours.
— ECCC Weather BC (@ECCCWeatherBC) July 19, 2018
We will be updating these stories as we receive more information from BC Wildfire Service who is on scene of more than 12 blazes burning in the Okanagan corridor.
- More lightning forecast as storm sparks 38 new wildfires in B.C.
- Okanagan Mountain Park fire forces evacuation alert
- More thunderstorms on the way as fires still burn
- Four small wildfires reported near Revelstoke following Tuesday night storm
- Wildfire shuts down Highway 97 between Peachland and Summerland
- Summerland wildfire grows to 50 hectares
- Three fires sparked in Peachland overnight
- Two fires caused by lightning at Big White last night
- 911 jams causes panic among residents
- BX wildfire top priority
- Four wild fires still burning near Keremeos
- Evacuation alert issued due to Dog Creek Trail Wildfire
- Naramata firefighters save veteran’s house after lightning strike
- Non-wildfire related calls line plague dispatchers, block line
- Pike Mountain fire still out of control but did not grow overnight
- Grass fire ignites in West Kelowna
- Okanagan Mountain Park fire grows
- Vernon residents quick to jump on lightning fire
- West Kelowna firefighters perform rescue after lightning strike
- Carrot Mountain fire fans smoke over West Kelowna
Over 22 new #BCwildfire starts in the Kamloops Fire Centre reported in the last 24 hours. Photo of the Mount Conkle fire taken yesterday (located 8 km SW of Summerland). Info on many of these fires is available on our Wildfire of Note page here: https://t.co/zmdyYhHGDH pic.twitter.com/0Dosk3YscN
— BC Wildfire Service (@BCGovFireInfo) July 19, 2018