I have served as a village councillor for the past three years and have gained a lot of knowledge about village governance. I will stand for the position of councillor once again this fall.
Some of the issues that I feel the village must move forward on are:
– Maintaining a fiscal prudent budget.
– Finishing the Liquid Waste Management Plan (LWMP).
– Working with the Keremeos Irrigation District (KID) to ensure a safe and stable supply of water.
– Working with the Similkameen Valley Planning Society (SVPS) to finish the study of the Similkameen Valley watershed.
– Continuing to make Keremeos a seniors friendly community.
– Encouraging business and economic growth within the village.
– Supporting the health services within the village.
-Encouraging and supporting the many services and volunteer organizations in and around the village.
– Maintaining the library service that we enjoy as part of the Okanagan Regional Library (ORL) system.
Submitted by Gary Thielmann