In May 2019, Brennan Joel Metlewsky and Jordan Robert Kupser were charged with attempted murder, robbery and aggravated assault stemming from an incident that took place in Vernon in 2017. (Facebook photo)

In May 2019, Brennan Joel Metlewsky and Jordan Robert Kupser were charged with attempted murder, robbery and aggravated assault stemming from an incident that took place in Vernon in 2017. (Facebook photo)

Attempted murder charges dropped for pair accused in Vernon stabbing

Brennan Metlewsky and Jordan Kupser will appear in BC Supreme Court to set a trial date

A trial has been ordered for two men accused of a stabbing in Vernon three years ago.

Brennan Joel Metlewsky and Jordan Robert Kupser were charged in 2019 with attempted murder, robbery and aggravated assault stemming from an incident that took place in Vernon in 2017.

At a preliminary hearing in Vernon earlier this week, the two 24-year-olds had their attempted murder charges dropped by the Crown.

“At the conclusion of the preliminary inquiry the Crown did not seek a committal on count 1 (attempted murder) after concluding the charge assessment standard was no longer met,” said Dan McLaughlin, communications counsel for the BC Prosecution Service.

On May 15, 2017, Vernon RCMP reported a 45-year-old man was in serious condition after he was stabbed numerous times at an apartment building in the 2900 block of 43rd Avenue. Metlewsky and Kupser were charged two years later in connection to the attack.

Metlewsky and Kupser’s case has been transferred to the B.C. Supreme Court. They will stand trial on their charges of aggravated assault and robbery.

READ MORE: RCMP say fire at Revelstoke apartment suspicious

READ MORE: Prolific offender back behind bars


Brendan Shykora
Reporter, Vernon Morning Star
Email me at Brendan.Shykora@vernonmorningstar.com
Follow us: Facebook | Twitter

Court

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

The Penticton Curling Club is closed due to a member testing positive for COVID. (Facebook)
COVID-19 case closes Penticton Curling Club

A member tested positive, says the curling club

Sickle Point as seen from the air. (Kaleden Community Association - David Mai)
Efforts to save Sickle Point down to the wire

The riparian wetland is in the middle of a court-ordered sale

COVID-19. (Image courtesy CDC)
Interior Health reports 65 new cases of COVID-19

Province-wide, there are 887 new cases of the virus

Darrell RIchards and his Harley Davidson Streetglide in front of Discovery House in Penticton on Nov. 5. (Brennan Phillips - Western News)
Penticton biker still in running for custom chopper competition

Darrell Richards is sitting in first in the final round of the group stage

B.C. Health Minister Adrian Dix and provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry update the COVID-19 situation at the B.C. legislature, Nov. 23, 2020. (B.C. government)
B.C. sets another COVID-19 record with 887 new cases

Another 13 deaths, ties the highest three days ago

RCMP searched for a suspect in Polson Park following an assault on a woman Thursday, Nov. 26. (Morning Star file photo)
Public warned after woman assaulted in Vernon’s Polson Park

RCMP on the hunt for suspect, described as in his 30’s

Arthur Topham has been sentenced to one month of house arrest and three years of probation after breaching the terms of his probation. Topham was convicted of promoting hate against Jewish people in 2015. (Photo submitted)
Quesnel man convicted for anti-Semitic website sentenced to house arrest for probation breach

Arthur Topham was convicted of breaching probation following his 2017 sentence for promoting hatred

Join Black Press Media and Do Some Good
Join Black Press Media and Do Some Good

Pay it Forward program supports local businesses in their community giving

Langley School District's board office. (Langley Advance Times files)
‘Sick Out’ aims to pressure B.C. schools over masks, class sizes

Parents from Langley and Surrey are worried about COVID safety in classrooms

The baby boy born to Gillian and Dave McIntosh of Abbotsford was released from hospital on Wednesday (Nov. 25) while Gillian continues to fight for her life after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
B.C. mom with COVID-19 still fighting for life while newborn baby now at home

Son was delivered Nov. 10 while Gillian McIntosh was in an induced coma

Paul Biro of Summerland has organized a special drive-by holiday lights event to take place on the evening of Friday, Nov. 27. (Contributed)
Extra COVID-19 safety protocols added to Summerland drive-by lights tour

Map is available by download; living nativity and Santa display eliminated

Summerland’s recreational facilities, including the arena and the aquatic centre, are open at present, but regulations are in place to slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Summerland Review file photo>
COVID-19 safety protocols in place at Summerland’s municipal buildings

Doors remain open, but masks, physical distancing and other measures have been put in place

Most Read