As a six year veteran councillor for the Village of Keremeos I have the experience and the depth of knowledge that is needed to run for mayor. Some of the complex issues council has, and will have to work on in the future are:
• Responsible fiscal planning and policies.
• Participating in regional strategies to guarantee sustainable services.
• Cooperating with our local RCMP and Citizens on Patrol to maintain a safe community.
• Positive bylaw enforcement which takes its direction from our residents and their needs.
• Working closely with our Chamber of Commerce and other organizations to support diverse economic and community development.
• Reviewing the Official Community Plan with the input of Keremeos taxpayers.
• Developing a liquid waste management plan to assist with the expansion of our water and sewer systems.
• Promoting the rails to trails project for an accessible, healthy community .
• Continue educational programs on the dangers of substance abuse, with a focus on our youth.
I would like to continue to serve my community by leading the next village council as your mayor. With your support I will continue to use my knowledge, energy and commitment to provide effective leadership to the community.
Please call me with your questions or concerns at 250-499-5290, or see me at the All Candidates Meeting.
Most importantly, on November 19 come out and vote.
Contributed by Manfred Bauer