Penticton RCMP responded to several robbery complaints during the past week. Western News file photo

Youth fight involving pepper spray

Penticton RCMP files from the week

Penticton RCMP received reports of youth fighting and using pepper spray in downtown Penticton Saturday night.

Police pulled over a vehicle in which they found open alcohol, a crossbow, small bat and pepper spray.

The vehicle was impounded and towed and after two nearby youths became argumentative, one who was very intoxicated, was taken into custody and spent the night in jail to sober up.

Robbery complaints

Penticton RCMP continue to investigate a number of robbery complaints from the past week.

At about 11:30 p.m. on the night of June 20 a 20-year-old man reported he was robbed by another male with brass knuckles at Argyle Street and Windsor Avenue.

The suspect, described as caucasian, 25 years old, six-feet tall with long wavy hair, took the victim’s wallet and iPhone.

He was wearing a black t-shirt with green letters and blue jeans.

Also sometime overnight on June 20/21 a residence on Victoria Drive was broken into while the residents were asleep in an upstairs bedroom.

They were not aware of the break in until the morning when they noticed the rear door had been forcibly entered and a number of items missing.

Reportedly taken was a Gary Fisher mountain bike, an iPad Air, HP notebook and two wallets.

Credit cards in the wallets were used at different locations in the city.

Police are continuing their investigation including reviewing video from the scene.

Stolen vehicles recovered

A stolen motorcycle and truck were recovered on the 24th after Summerland RCMP received a complaint of a suspicious occurrence with a man attempting to start a motorcycle with a piece of metal.

Unsuccessful, the suspect got into a Ford truck which police attempted to stop at the Highway 97 and Eckhardt Avenue West however it jumped the curb and police did not pursue it.

The truck, stolen several days earlier, was located abandoned a short time afterwards on Brunswick Street and a man, who police later identified, was seen running from the area.